The HRA Junior Rowing program is open to any Middle School or High School student athlete in Volusia or Flagler County. As rowing is a team sport, junior rowers are expected to attend as many practices as possible.
The Junior Rowing program participates 12 months a year and competes at regattas in both the fall season (5000 meter courses, also referred to as Head Races) and spring season (1500 meter courses, referred to as Sprint Races). Junior rowers also compete in the Southern Sprints (indoor rowing) and at the State Rowing Championships each spring (in Sarasota). To see the full Junior Rowing race schedule please click here. Please note that due to COVID-19, there are no scheduled fall regattas at this time.
HRA remains one of – if not the least expensive rowing program of this caliber in the state of Florida. Our head coach is an Olympian and World Champion Rower. Our assistant coaches are previous college or masters rowers, most who have earned or who are working toward USRowing Level 2 Coaching credentials. In addition to the season fees (shown below), this year HRA is instituting a team gear/registration fee. The High School Rowing team gear/registration fee covers the cost of the team competition uni, team polo, personalized team duffel bag, tank and trou, and rowing shoes/clips. The Middle School fee covers competition team racing tank, embroidered trou, personalized string bag with zipper, and rowing shoes/clips. Regatta fees, including travel costs (hotel, food, etc.) if necessary, are in addition to the season fees. Season fees paid in full (upfront) receive a $50 discount . For your convenience, season fees can also be paid on a recurring monthly basis (no discount).
This year we’re pleased to offer two scholarships to help families with a financial need meet the cost obligations of the rowing program. Click here for the Dee Campbell Junior Rowing Scholarship.
Although we feel pretty confident this is the schedule we will be following this year, this schedule is subject to change for the 2020 – 2021 school year due to COVID-19. Please check back or contact us through email for more information.
2020-2021 Junior Rowing Schedule & Fees
School Year (Aug – May)
- High School (grades 9-12): M/T/Th/F (4:15 – 6:00 p.m.) and Saturday (8:15 – 10:45 a.m.) – first day back: Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
- Middle School Program (grades 6-8): Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (5 – 6:30 p.m.) – first day back: Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
FEES: All dues/fees must be paid through our website or iCrew. ACH or credit card payments only. ACH carries no convenience charge. Credit card payments will be assessed a 3% convenience fee.
- HIGH SCHOOL ROWING
- Registration Fee: $250 (payable by September 1)
- Fall Season (August – December): $700. Pay in full by September 15 and enjoy a $50 discount. Or pay your season fee on a monthly basis (discount does not apply).
- Spring Season (January – May): $875. Pay in full by January 15 and enjoy a $50 discount. Or pay your season fee on a monthly basis (discount does not apply).
- Summer Season (June – July): $250
- MIDDLE SCHOOL ROWING
- Registration Fee: $160 (payable by September 1)
- Fall Season (August – December): $500. Pay in full by September 15 and enjoy a $50 discount. Or pay your season fee on a monthly basis (discount does not apply).
- Spring Season (January – May): $625. Pay in full by January 15 and enjoy a $50 discount. Or pay your season fee on a monthly basis (discount does not apply).
- Summer Season (June – July): $250
Halifax Rowing is now paperless! All payments must be submitted through this convenient team store!
CLICK HERE TO PAY ONLINE